While Leather is tough as nails, we must also remember that leather is in fact skin. It can dry, crack, stain, warp and so on.
1. Leather bags are susceptible to absorbing grease and oils. Wipe the surface of the leather with a damp white cotton cloth, but be careful not to use too much water, because leather takes time to dry.
2. Apply leather shampoo is applied using a circular motion and wipe off with a slightly damp cloth so as not to clog the pores of the fabric. Applying this soap once or twice a year to keep your leather handbag clean.
3. Leather conditioning is a routine care process that can restore moisture to your leather and strengthen it for the future. Conditioning your leather once a month to maintain the look and durability of your leather items.
4. Store your leather product in the Mebala dust bag. If you’re storing long-term, ease open the buckles and straps so impressions are released. This helps to avoid rubbing or permanent creases in unwanted areas.
5. Treat stains as soon as possible. Leather tends to absorb any liquid spilled on it and can stain the leather if not treated immediately. A slightly damp cloth could help if you don’t have any cleaning products available, depending on what has been spilt onto the item
We recommend using leather shampoo on the bag to help get rid of some excess dirt, spots and spoils.
TIP: Avoid cleaning products with alcohol, turpentine or other mineral spirits as they will discolour and dry out leather.
MEBALA AFTER SALE SERVICES
We are committed to ensuring that your Mebala products last you a life time. If an accident has happened, do not hesitate to contact a Mebala Client Services Specialist for assistance with deep cleaning or repairing your product. We will urgently assist you.